Thursday, February 17, 2011

marriage & children..

Marriage is said to be necessary for men and women in public life, under the condition that they share a whole life together with children. Actually "child" is not a necessary unit of a marriage. At this stage, it can be thought that "then why did you two get married?". I think it is a reasonable idea that men and women do not have to get married if there is not a plan for raising up a child in the future. The loyalty and trust between the man and woman can be necessary for what we call "love".

Marriage can just be considered as a social contract between the two and not even that much necessary for proving that they love eachother. So if we think that marriage is some kind of contract for a healthy and bright family that would support their children with a good future, than it is inevitable for the society to produce new kind of traditions, rules and a common structure for this. In time, this became an important stage of human life that, for most of the people, comes after education or having a job etc. but I think, it should be totally unnecessary for couples just to prove their love, without planning to bring up a child, which unhappily became a part of our lives. The situations that result with children without parents who live together, kind of supports this idea of why we should not take marriage as a common "activity" without a serious aim.

4 comments:

  1. I have an example for the "child is not a necessary unit".
    My cousin is married for 7-8 years. Even though there are lots of pressure by relatives she and her husband are pretty decisive about to not have a children for near future. As I see, their marriage is going well.
    Well, as you said child is not necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May be kids are not necessary, but the idea of growing up a human being is delightful i think :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you , The marriage seen as the thing that all the couple should do. However , when you look at more deeply , it is not so necessary to fulfil just because necessity of tradition .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you trying to say "We are all humans that couldn't live together or have a baby, without signing a small piece of paper."? I think, having baby is not the priority of marriages. In other words, I don't believe in that two people could marry for just to have a baby. It looks very unreasonable.

    ReplyDelete